Police say a traffic stop for an expired vehicle registration revealed an elaborate identity theft scheme. Police say the suspect got access to victims through her job at a tax preparation service. Fox's Lori Brown is in studio tonight with more. Lori: Steve, police say they have been able to find eight victims of the identity theft scheme, but there could be thousands. That's because, as a tax preparer, Shelby Sanders had access to thousands of driver's license and social security numbers across nine North Texas Jackson Hewitt locations. During the tow inventory, police found a lot of trash and junk, along with three different IDs and credit cards belonging to three different people, in Sanders' possession. When police contacted one of the victims, she was confused how the suspect had a copy of her driver's license because she had never lost hers. Officer Steele from the Blue Mountain Police Department calls the victim to confirm if she had allowed Sanders to use her driver's license. The victim denies any involvement. Police discovered that Sanders, a former tax preparer, had ordered replacement driver's licenses for at least eight people known to police so far. Many of these licenses had a similar appearance to the suspect. Sanders had these licenses shipped to an address of her choosing, exposing a weakness in the Texas Department of Public Safety's system. Sanders worked at the Jackson Hewitt inside the super Walmart on Redbud and McKinney between December 2017 and April 2018. During that time, she had access to personal information of customers at nine different locations and could even access the information from home, as Stephanie Reed, one of the victims, points out. Stephanie Reed: They have my mine and my husband's driver's license number and our bank account number. Reed had visited a different Jackson Hewitt location at a Walmart...
Award-winning PDF software
My tax preparer stole my refund Form: What You Should Know
Bronx Conviction On Tax Offenses — FBI A criminal tax return preparer was sentenced to more than 7 years in prison for his criminal tax return preparation, money laundering and witness tampering offenses. For more information on how IRS Criminal Investigation works, visit IRS.gov/criminal-investigations.
Online solutions help you to manage your record administration along with raise the efficiency of the workflows. Stick to the fast guide to do Form 14157, steer clear of blunders along with furnish it in a timely manner:
How to complete any Form 14157 online:
- On the site with all the document, click on Begin immediately along with complete for the editor.
- Use your indications to submit established track record areas.
- Add your own info and speak to data.
- Make sure that you enter correct details and numbers throughout suitable areas.
- Very carefully confirm the content of the form as well as grammar along with punctuational.
- Navigate to Support area when you have questions or perhaps handle our assistance team.
- Place an electronic digital unique in your Form 14157 by using Sign Device.
- After the form is fully gone, media Completed.
- Deliver the particular prepared document by way of electronic mail or facsimile, art print it out or perhaps reduce the gadget.
PDF editor permits you to help make changes to your Form 14157 from the internet connected gadget, personalize it based on your requirements, indicator this in electronic format and also disperse differently.